I feel like I start every blog post with telling you guys that I love sweet and salty, but IT’S TRUE. It’s just the best! I’m indecisive and whenever I have something sweet, I want something salty after, and vice versa. When I combine sweet and salty into one, it’s just *chef’s kiss*! These Mango Tajin Popsicles are the ultimate sweet and salty combo (with a bit of tart, tangy, and spicy too)!
These popsicles are quick and easy (literally blend, freeze, and enjoy), sweetened naturally, and are vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and just darn delicious. I’ve had them on repeat all summer long!
Making Mango Tajin Popsicles
These are quick and easy to whip up – throw them in the freezer in the morning and enjoy a perfect popsicle by lunch! To make them, you’ll need:
- Fresh mango (I usually buy frozen because it’s already peeled/cut up, but you can use non-frozen mango. Just peel and cut it off the seed).
- Water to help these blend up smoothly.
- Lime juice – fresh is best, or if you’re using juice from a bottle, try to use key lime juice that’s a bit sweeter.
- Agave – a natural sweetener which you can omit entirely if you don’t like sweet. You can also substitute honey!
- Tajin – a magical seasoning from Mexico that consists mainly of chile, lime, and salt. It’s the perfect compliment to sweet mango!
Throw Mango, lime juice, and agave in a blender together and blend until smooth. Add in Tajin and stir (don’t blend). Pour into popsicle molds, add popsicle sticks and cover. Freeze until solid (4-6 hours) and enjoy! Store in the freezer.
Mango Tajin Popsicles
- Popsicle Molds
- 3 cups Mango peeled, fresh or frozen
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1.5 tbsp Agave Nectar or honey
- 2 tbsp Tajin reserve 1 tbsp if you want to dip them in extra for an added kick!
- Add mango, agave, lime, and water into a blender and blend until smooth. Add Tajin and stir in until it's well incorporated.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze (4-6 hours) until solid. Run molds until warm water to remove popsicles when you're ready to enjoy them. Store in freezer. Enjoy!