The Super Bowl is right around the corner so I’ve got two things on my mind – buffalo wings and pizza. My two favorite quintessential game day foods. The only thing better? Combining the two. This Healthy Buffalo Chicken Pizza does just that – takes the tangy, spicy flavor of buffalo wings and puts it on a cheesy pizza. The combo is truly out of this world.
As if that’s not awesome enough, my healthier version is quick and easy to make, is high in protein, and is WW friendly. Whereas a regular slice of buffalo chicken pizza would run you 9+ points for a slice, mine is just 3 points for a slice (blue toppings and all). Even if you’re not following WW, this pizza is a higher protein, delicious alternative that makes it a great option for dinners and game days alike.
Making Healthy Buffalo Chicken Pizza Dough
Whereas this pizza looks legit, it doesn’t actually take that much work to make from scratch. You’ll make your dough, bake it most of the way, top it, warm it all through, then garnish and enjoy!
To make the dough, you’ll need:
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Nonfat Greek yogurt
- Garlic powder (I use this seasoning)
Combine dry ingredients first, then add eggs and greek yogurt and mix together until you have a solid dough. I use a mixer with a dough hook attachment to mix the dough up easily, but you can use a wooden spoon and do it by hand as well. Once your dough is formed, keep some flour handy to flour the outside of it to make it easier to work with. Prepare a baking sheet by either using a silicone baking sheet, parchment paper, or spraying well with cooking spray. Flour a surface well and roll your dough out with a rolling pin most of the way. Transfer to baking sheet and finish stretching the dough out until it’s roughly the size of your baking sheet, leaving yourself a thicker outer layer to be the crust. Spray with cooking spray and bake for 18-20 minutes, until just lightly turning golden.
Topping the pizza
To top your pizza, you’ll need:
- Fat free shredded mozzarella cheese, which will keep the fat/calories/points much lower
- Boneless, skinless chicken breast, which you’ll want cooled and chopped finely or shredded
- Buffalo wing sauce, I use Frank’s
Once you remove your crust from the oven, top it with half of the shredded cheese mixture and a little drizzle (about 3 tbsp) of buffalo sauce. In a small bowl, mix chicken with buffalo sauce. Spread mixture over top of your pizza, covering all of the cheese, just leaving the crust exposed. Top with remaining cheese and bake for another 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.
Healthy Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Mixing Bowl
- Stand Mixer with dough hook (optional)
- 9×13 Baking Sheet
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Greek yogurt nonfat
- 1.5 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 cups fat free mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups chicken breast cooked, cooled, shredded
- 3/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 4 tbsp light Ranch Dressing or light blue cheese dressing
- 3 tbsp green onion chopped, for topping
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, baking powder, garlic powder, and salt in a bowl. Stir together. Add greek yogurt and egg, and either by hand or using a stand mixer with a dough hook attachment, mix until your dough is uniform. Flour the outside of the dough, as well as your surface and rolling pin, as the dough will be sticky.
- Line 9×13 baking sheet with parchment paper, silicone baking mats, or spray VERY well with cooking spray. Using a rolling pin, roll your dough out until it mostly fills the size of the baking sheet. Carefully transfer dough to baking sheet, and continue to roll/spread it until it roughly fills out the sheet. It’s ok if it’s not perfect!
- Spray with cooking spray and bake for ~18 minutes, until just lightly turning golden.
- Spread 1 cup of cheese over crust and drizzle with 3 tbsp of buffalo sauce. In a small bowl, combine shredded chicken with buffalo sauce and mix to fully coat. Spread chicken mixture over cheese evenly, leaving crust exposed. Top with remaining cup of cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is fully melted. Garnish with fresh chopped green onion and ranch or blue cheese drizzle. Cut into 10 slices and enjoy!
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat in the oven or air fry at 370 for 5 minutes to crisp up.