Go shawty, it’s ya birthday! And even if it’s not, these Gluten Free Birthday Cake Bars will have you wanting to celebrate. They’re totally gluten free, made with whole food ingredients, and are so tasty! Big on birthday cake flavor, and you can dress them up with a glaze or frosting to make them extra special. I like to make a batch plan to keep on hand for when I want something sweet, but don’t want to eat a ton of sugar. But enough about how you eat them – first, let’s make them!
Making Gluten Free Birthday Cake Bars
These bars are a simple, one-bowl recipe that requires next to no prep and minimal clean up. To make them, you’ll need:
- Oats (I used old fashioned)
- Almond flour, which you’ll want to lightly sift to remove any clumps
- Baking soda, to give these some rise
- Vanilla and almond extract, which will give these their birthday cake flavor
- Egg (or sub vegan egg alternative)
- Maple syrup (or sub honey)
- Melted coconut oil
- Rainbow sprinkles, because duh
In a medium mixing bowl, combine oats, almond flour, baking soda and stir together. In another bowl, combine melted (cooled) coconut oil, egg, vanilla and almond extracts, and maple syrup. Stir wet ingredients together, then mix into the dry ingredients. Lastly, fold in the sprinkles.
Line a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper and press in the dough so it makes an even layer. If you’re looking to make more, double the recipe and use a 9×9 square pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Let cool, slice, and enjoy!
Gluten Free Birthday Cake Bars
- Mixing Bowls
- 9×5 Pan
- 1 1/4 cup oats
- 1 cup almond flour sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil cooled
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together oats, almond flour, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, stir together egg, maple syrup, cooled melted coconut oil, vanilla and almond extract.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, and fold sprinkles into the dough.
- Line your pan with parchment paper and press the dough into the pan in an even layer. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Let cool, slice, and enjoy!