French Yogurt Cake with Apples
I adapted this recipe from one of my favorite chef/bakers- Dominique Ansel. I tweaked his Gâteau au Yaourt recipe slightly and added Granny Smith apples, which made for a cake that was dense, moist, and extremely satisfying.
- Mixing Bowls
- 9×5 Pan
- 1 c greek yogurt
- 2 c flour
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- Optional 2 granny smith apples, cubed
- Preheat oven to 355 F
- Spray your cake/loaf (I used loaf) pan with cooking spray
- Combine all dry ingredients
- Combine wet ingredients, and mix into dry until well combined
- Stir uncooked apples into batter
- Pour batter into prepared pan
- Bake 30-35 min, until top is golden brown and tester toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool for 5-10 min, then remove from pan and serve.
Calories: 275kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 6gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 314mgPotassium: 73mgFiber: 1gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 71IUCalcium: 33mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Add your thoughts below in the comments or post on social media and tag @foodbythegram!