My Greek Yogurt Pancakes are one of my most popular recipes, and for good reason. They’re light and fluffy, easy to make, keep well in the fridge, and they’re WW friendly. The classic version is just 1 WW SP/pancake on all plans. I love them so much that I had to make a new variation – cinnamon swirl greek yogurt pancakes. These pancakes are still light, fluffy, and WW friendly – with a sweet swirl of cinnamon sugar throughout. Top them with some simple glaze and you’ve got pure pancake bliss. Each pancake is 2 WW SP when using Swerve brown sugar replacement (or other brand). 3 SP if you use regular brown sugar.
Making cinnamon swirl greek yogurt pancakes
Just like the original, these pancakes are a cinch to make. The components of the pancakes are:
- Nonfat greek yogurt, I use Fage 0%.
- All purpose flour.
- Baking powder, salt, vanilla, cinnamon
- Eggs to hold it all together.
- Unsweetened almond milk, plain or vanilla.
You’ll want to mix up your pancakes in a bowl first, and then separately make your cinnamon sugar mixture. It consists of:
- Smart Balance buttery spread, melted. Smart Balance is a lower point alternative to butter, made with vegetable oil. It’s great for cooking and baking and tastes delicious.
- Brown sugar or brown sugar replacement. I generally stay away from artificial sweeteners, but Swerve’s brown sugar replacement is excellent. Tastes like the real thing, and works great in this recipe (and doesn’t add any points)!
To add the swirl neatly, I first melted the Smart Balance, then mixed in the cinnamon and sugar, and put it in a piping bag. Just snip the tip and pipe a little swirl onto each pancake. Cook them normally – as you start to see bubbles on the top, flip them, The sugar will caramelize and once cooked fully, you’ll have beautiful, golden pancakes.
If you want to add a glaze, I recommend a basic glaze, which is just powdered sugar and milk (or flavored creamer). You can make a classic glaze, like this one, or just take ~1 cup of powdered sugar, add liquid 1 tsp at a time, mixing until you have your desired, runny consistency. Drizzle over pancakes and enjoy!
Cinnamon Swirl Greek Yogurt Pancakes
- Mixing Bowls
- Piping Bag
- Large Skillet
- Stove Top
- 1 cup Nonfat greek yogurt I use Fage 0%
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Almond Milk unsweetened
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Flour all purpose
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Dash Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Smart Balance melted
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar Replacement or 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- In a small mixing bowl, combine yogurt, eggs, vanilla, almond milk and mix together until well combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and a dash of cinnamon. Pour wet ingredients into dry, and whisk together until fully combined.
- Melt Smart Balance in a microwave safe bowl by microwaving in 20 second increments. Add in sugar and cinnamon and mix together until you have a thick mixture. Allow to cool slightly, then put into a piping bag (or small sandwich bag), and snip the tip off to pipe onto pancakes.
- Heat skillet over medium heat, spray well with cooking spray, and pour roughly 2 tbsp of batter per pancake onto the skillet. Starting at the center of each pancake, pipe a thin cinnamon swirl from the center outward. Cook pancakes until you start to see bubbles on top, then flip.
- Once both sides are lightly browned, remove from heat, and enjoy!
- If glazing, mix 1/2 cup powdered sugar with 1/2 tbsp milk (or creamer) for a basic confectioners glaze.
- 2 SP per pancake if using Swerve/brown sugar replacement
- 3 SP per pancake if using regular brown sugar, 1/3 cup unpacked