Here in PA, the weather has been BRUTAL the last few weeks. Most days are around 90 degrees (or more) this time of year so I’m constantly looking for a good way to cool off. This Chocolate Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Bark is just the ticket. It’s a cold, creamy, sweet treat – like ice cream, but higher in protein and lower in sugar. If makes a great snack or dessert on a hot summer’s day! The best part? No cooking/baking involved. Just mix, freeze, break, and enjoy!
Making Chocolate Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Bark
Not in the mood to cook or bake? Then this recipe is perfect for you! Just mix it up, freeze it, break it up, and store in the freezer. To make it, you’ll need:
- Nonfat greek yogurt, plain (or vanilla works, just omit the vanilla extract)
- Vanilla extract for flavor
- Agave nectar to sweeten (can sub maple syrup)
- Powdered peanut butter
- Chocolate chips, melted
- Crushed peanuts, chopped chocolate for topping (optional)
First, you’ll line a baking sheet, cutting board, or other flat surface (that you can put in the freezer) with parchment paper. Set aside while you mix up your bark.
In a small mixing bowl, combine yogurt, agave, powdered peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth, then spread evenly over parchment paper (you want it to be about 1/2 inch thick). Then, melt your chocolate, stir it up so it’s smooth, and put little dollops all over the peanut butter mixture that’s spread. Use a toothpick to swirl the chocolate into the peanut butter mixture. Top with chopped chocolate and nuts and freeze for at least 2 hours, until solid.
Break up into 8 chunks, store in the freezer, and enjoy!
If you’re looking for another variation of this tasty treat, try my Strawberry Cheesecake Frozen Yogurt Bark!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt Bark
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet or cutting board or other flat surface
- Parchment paper
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/2 Tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp powdered peanut butter
- 1.5 tbsp chocolate chips melted
- Chopped chocolate and chopped peanuts optional, for topping
- Line a baking sheet or cutting board with enough parchment paper to cover it and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine yogurt, peanut butter powder, agave, vanilla and mix until smooth. Spread into an even layer over parchment covered sheet or board.
- In a small, microwave safe container, melt chocolate chips and stir until smooth. Dollop all over the peanut butter mixture and use a toothpick to swirl it all around.
- Top with chopped chocolate and peanuts and freeze for at least 2 hours (until frozen solid). Enjoy! Store leftovers in the freezer.