My Deep Dish Pizza Cups are one of my most popular recipes. They’re packed with pizza flavor, but in a bite-sized little package that makes them great for get-togethers, for kids, etc. These Air Fryer Pepperoni Pizza Bombs take the idea of those pizzas and put them in a perfectly bite-sized package! These little bombs are loaded with melty cheese and salty pepperoni, wrapped in a soft, chewy dough. They’re also higher in protein than typical pizza AND WW friendly, but you’d never know they were healthy!
Making Air Fryer Pepperoni Pizza Bombs
These little bombs come together super easily, and since they’re air fried, they cook super quick too! First, you’ll need to make your dough. Combine all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, and Italian seasoning in a bowl. Mix together and then add nonfat Greek yogurt. Mix until a dough forms and then flour the outside of the dough well so it’s easy to handle.
Cut into 12 pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Create an indent in the center and flatten each piece until you have a disc that’s about 1.5 inches in diameter. Put ~1 tbsp of shredded cheese and a few mini pepperoni into the center and then pinch the edges together to close up the ball. Roll it back into a ball shape and place on an air fryer tray. Spray well with cooking spray, top with a bit more Italian seasoning and grated parmesan cheese, and air fry at 350F for ~9 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool slightly, then serve with a side of marinara sauce for dipping and enjoy!
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake these in the oven at 350F for 18-22 minutes, until golden brown. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Microwave for 30 seconds or air fry at 350F for 4-5 min to reheat.
Air Fryer Pepperoni Pizza Bombs
- Mixing Bowls
- Air Fryer
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt plain
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup nonfat mozzarella cheese shredded or string cheese, cut into 12 pieces
- 1 oz mini turkey pepperoni
- 2 tsp parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning or salt/pepper/garlic seasoning
- Marinara sauce for dipping
- If needed, preheat your air fryer for 350F. Combine flour with baking powder, salt, and Italian seasoning and mix together. Add Greek yogurt and mix together until dough forms. Flour the exterior of the dough well so it's easy to work with and cut into 12.
- Roll each piece into a ball, create an indent with your finger and flatten. Add ~1 tbsp of shredded cheese and 3-5 mini pepperoni and pinch edges together to close the pizza bomb. Roll it into a ball and place on air fryer tray/basket. Spray well with cooking spray and top with more Italian seasoning and a bit of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Air fry at 350F for ~9 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Let cool for 2-3 minutes before handling, serve with marinara sauce for dipping, and enjoy!