If you have a box of brownie mix on hand, before you make that next batch – consider turning them into SALTED BROWNIE COOKIES! These cookies are fudge, chewy, and have a hint of sea salt that makes them sweet and salty all at once. They start with a box of brownie mix, so they’re SUPER quick and easy! Recipe adapted from Sugar & Soul.
- 1 (18 oz.) box brownie mix (note, if using Betty Crocker brand, add 1 tsp baking soda to the recipe so your cookies have some rise. Other brands like Duncan Hines or Ghirardelli don’t need the baking soda)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 5 tbsp canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- (Optional) extra chocolate chips in batter (roughly 1/2 cup)
- Sea salt for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350f
2. Combine brownie mix and flour, whisking until combined. Add baking soda if needed
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, water, oil
4. Pour wet into dry ingredients and stir until fully combined. Add chocolate chips if using.
5. Using a spoon and wet hands, roll dough into balls roughly 2 inches apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet
6. Bake for 8-10 min (check them, they should be chewy and you don’t want to over bake!)
7. Top with flaked sea salt and enjoy! These are delicious warm (serve with some ice cream) or cooled off!