Growing up, marshmallow treats were one of my favorite snacks EVER. The crunchy, chewy texture, the light sweetness and marshmallow flavor – I could never eat just one. As I got older, I realized that they’re pretty simple to make (just be prepared for a sticky mess), and that you can totally adjust them based on preference. I started adding chocolate, adding more marshmallow (chewier) and less (crunchier), and mixing up mix-ins.
Thus, we landed on these Lucky Charms marshmallow treats. Lucky Charms are delicious as is, between the lightly sweet cereal pieces and the crunchy marshmallows. The cereal’s flavor profile makes it a perfect base for marshmallow treats, and, as a bonus, it looks super fun.
It’s a fun treat to whip up for (and/or with) kiddos, it’s great to bring to parties, and it keeps well in an airtight container at room temp. You’ll be feeling lucky as ever when you’ve got a whole batch of these at home!
Lucky Charms Marshmallow Treats
- 9×13 Pan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 14 ounces mini marshmallows divided
- 7-8 cups Lucky Charms
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Grease or line a 9×13 baking pan
- Melt butter over low heat and then stir in marshmallows, stirring until mixture is smooth and uniform
- Stir in vanilla until well incorporated
- Scoop 8 cups of cereal into a bowl, pour marshmallow mixture on top, stir to combine and coat all of the cereal
- Pour into baking sheet, pressing lightly to fill it out (don’t press too much or they’ll be super dense)
- Let cool for ~an hour and cut and enjoy!