A few weeks ago, I hosted a dip night with all of my friends. Basically, everyone had to make a dip and bring it to share with the group, and then that ends up being dinner. We had some savory dips, we had some sweet dips, and they were absolutely delicious! One of my favorite dips that someone brought was a dill pickle dip. I loved the combination of tangy pickles with a creamy dip, so I knew I had to remake a healthier version of it. This healthy pickle dip is right on the money. It’s tangy, creamy, sweet, salty, and higher in protein!
This dip is perfect to bring to any event, enjoy on night in, or to make as a healthy snack for the week! I like to make a big batch and enjoy it with my lunches all week (and I swear it gets tastier the more it sits)!
Making Healthy Pickle Dip
This recipe really couldn’t be easier. Just chop your pickles, mix everything together, and adjust the seasonings to your taste preference, and you’ve got a creamy, tangy, delicious dip in just minutes! To make it you’ll need:
- light cream cheese (the block kind works better because it’s sturdier)
- Nonfat Greek yogurt
- Dill pickles and bread and butter pickles (I try to find ones without a bunch of sugar added, if you don’t like bread and butter pickles then you can make this with only dill pickles!)
- Onion powder, salt, and pepper to season
- Some pickle juice from the pickles you choose to add some flavor and thin the dip out
- Fresh dill and extra chopped pickles to garnish
- Veggies + chips to serve with!
Just add your cream cheese to a mixing bowl and press it gently with a spoon to loosen it up. Add your Greek yogurt and mix together until the two are well incorporated. Add your chopped pickles and your seasonings as well as the pickle juice and mix everything together until it’s well combined. Taste and adjust as desired. Top with some fresh dill and extra chopped pickles and served with veggies and chips. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to four days.
Healthy Pickle Dip
- Mixing Bowls
- 4 oz light cream cheese
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup dill pickles no sugar + chopped
- 1/2 cup bread and butter pickles chopped finely
- 2-3 tbsp pickle juice
- In a medium mixing bowl, press cream cheese with a spoon to break it up. Mix in Greek yogurt and still well to combine.
- Add chopped dill and bread and butter pickles and stir to incorporate.
- Add onion powder, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Lastly, add pickle juice (start with 2 tbsp) to add flavor and thin the dip. Adjust as desired. Enjoy!