During a busy weeknight, I’m all about the super quick and easy meals. After a long work day, the last thing I want to do is spend 2+ hours cooking- especially when I’m starving. This Cauliflower Gnocchi and Sausage Skillet is a total weeknight win. On the table in 30 minutes, made in one pan, and loaded with veggies and protein. It’s gluten free, WW friendly, and downright delicious.
Making Cauliflower Gnocchi and Sausage Skillet
First things first, you’ll want to cook your gnocchi. My preferred method is to air fry them, because they end up with a better texture in my opinion. Just spray them with cooking spray, break them up so they’re not frozen together, and air fry at 375 for 10-14 minutes, depending on how done you want them. The 10 min mark is where they’re usually warmed through and ready to eat, and the longer they fry, the crispier they’ll be.
While those cook, remove your chicken sausage from its casing and add to a pan over medium heat. Spray some cooking spray and cook the sausage, breaking it up into crumbles as you go. After 5-6 min, add in chopped red onion and chopped fresh garlic. Saute it all together for another 2 min or so. Then add chopped sun dried tomatoes and some olive oil, let that cook together and hydrate a bit for another minute or so, then add chopped fresh tomatoes, spinach, and cook until tomatoes are bursting and spinach is wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Lastly, toss your gnocchi with your sausage/veggie mixture to coat it. Serve warm and top with grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil and enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Cauliflower Gnocchi & Sausage Skillet
- Air Fryer
- 12 oz Cauliflower Gnocchi I use Trader Joe's brand
- 3 links Chicken Sausage
- 1/3 cup Red Onion diced
- 1/3 cup Sun Dried Tomato chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 cup Cherry Tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Basil fresh, chopped
- Cook cauliflower gnocchi according to preferred method. My preference is to spray them with cooking spray, spread on an air fryer tray so they're not touching, and air fry at 375F for 10-14 minutes, until warmed through and solid.
- While gnocchi cook, remove sausage from casing and add to skillet over medium high heat with some cooking spray. Break up into pieces as you cook it for 5-6 min. Add onion and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes, until fragrant and meat is entirely cooked.
- Add sun dried tomatoes and olive oil. Cook for another minute to rehydrate the tomatoes a bit. Add chopped tomatoes and spinach and cook until the spinach wilts and the tomatoes start to burst. Add gnocchi into skillet and mix together.
- Serve warm. Top with parmesan cheese and fresh chopped basil. Enjoy!