This air-fryer salmon recipe is a weekly staple in our home. It’s made with a few, good-for-you ingredients and fits our diet great. If you’re following WW, Salmon is 0 points and if you’re not, it’s still a great source of protein. The air fryer is also my preferred method for perfectly cooked salmon. The end result is buttery, flaky, and super tender. I love to pair salmon, which is generally rich and mild, with something acidic, so this honey lemon garlic sauce is a great complement. On the side, I serve it with zucchini and mushroom, air fried and topped with crumbled Boursin cheese. All in all, this entire dinner is just a few points, and is extremely satisfying.
Making Honey Lemon Garlic Salmon
This sauce is super simple. Just combine a few staple ingredients and put it over your salmon, air fry, and enjoy. I usually keep a little extra on the side for dipping as well. The sauce is exactly what it sounds like – a combo of honey, lemon, garlic (and a bit of oil, salt, and pepper). If you’re following WW, skip the oil and just use cooking spray to keep points low.
To cook this salmon, I use my air fryer. I used to be a baked salmon gal, but once I got my air fryer, the game was changed. Now, I always have perfectly cooked, juicy salmon, with just the right amount of crisp on the outside.
Make it a meal
I served this salmon with an air fried mushroom and zucchini mix, which I top with some crumbled Boursin cheese and it’s delightful. You could also serve this with some rice and your favorite vegetable, and you’ve got a balanced, well-rounded meal. Lastly, you can throw this salmon over salad. It’s delicious hot or cold the next day, so it would be awesome paired with arugula, some vegetables, and some extra sauce as a dressing.
Air Fryer Honey Lemon Garlic Salmon
- Mixing Bowl
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb salmon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- zest of one lemon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon slices
- 2 zucchini cut into half slices
- 1 small box baby Bella mushrooms stems removed and sliced
- 2 tbsp Boursin cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt pepper, garlic powder
- Combine sauce ingredients, put salmon in a dish or ziploc bag, and use half the sauce to marinate the salmon for 20-30 min (optional, can skip this step if pressed for time)
- Meanwhile, clean and cut zucchini and mushrooms. Toss in olive oil, tsp salt, tsp pepper, and 2 tsp garlic powder. Spread onto air fryer trays, making sure nothing overlaps (don’t want over crowding!)
- Spray or brush air fryer tray with oil, place salmon skin side down, and top with additional sauce and sliced lemon
- Top veggies with crumbled garlic herb Boursin cheese and serve alongside the salmon!