This cake is fluffy and moist (sorry I hate that word too), with a light chocolate frosting and lots of graham crackers, chocolate chips, and marshmallows throughout 🤪. It’s like that first bite of a soft, gooey smore, but 100x better.
(This is for one 9 inch round that I cut in half and stacked to make a half cake. Double for full two layer cake!)
* 1 cup all purpose flour
* 1/2 cup sugar
* 1/3 cup cocoa powder
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1/2 tsp baking soda
* Pinch salt
* 1/4 c warm water
* 1/2 cup almond milk + splash of @nutpods vanilla oat creamer (can sub with 1/2 cup total of any milk)
* 1/4 cup canola oil
* 1 egg
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1/2 cup butter softened (sub dairy free butter option if needed)
* 1/2 cup cocoa powder
* 4 cups powdered sugar
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1 pinch salt
* 4-5 Tbsp almond milk (or regular)
Toppings (inside and on top of cake):
* mini marshmallows
* 2 graham crackers, roughly crushed
* 1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F
2. Combine flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, sugar in a bowl and whisk together
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, oil, vanilla, milk, and creamer. Pour into dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Add 1/4 cup warm water and mix until entire mixture has thinned out.
4. Pour into greased 9 inch pan and bake for 30-35 min, until toothpick comes out clean
5. Once cooked, level the cake (cut off the top if it’s domed), cut in half
6. Combine frosting ingredients in mixer and mix until fully combined and smooth. Add milk one tbsp at a time until you reach desired consistency.
7. To make half cake, frost one half add any desired toppings (I added crushed graham cracker, marshmallows, chocolate chips), stack other half on top, frost top, and add more toppings! Torch marshmallows if you’re feeling fancy.