Is there anything better than a super cheesy dip? I mean, super cheesy anything is great in my book, but I LOVE a good dip. This Jalapeno Cheddar Dip hits the dang spot too. It’s cheesy, creamy, and a hint spicy. Perfect with crackers, chips, veggies, you name it. It’s WW friendly too, so go ahead and have seconds.
Making Jalapeno Cheddar Dip
This dip is super simple – just mix, bake, and enjoy. There are two main components to it – the dip itself and the crunchy topping. If you’re looking to save points, you can skip the topping or reduce the amount of it!
For the dip:
- Pickled jalapenos, diced finely. They give a great tangy flavor and a bit of heat. You can add more/less depending on your tolerance for spice.
- Nonfat Greek yogurt. I use Fage 0%.
- Low fat cream cheese, which will add texture and flavor.
- Laughing Cow creamy garlic cheese wedges, which add flavor and texture as well. If you don’t have these, substitute an additional 2 tbsp of low fat cream cheese.
- Garlic powder, salt, pepper to season.
- Parmesan and cheddar cheese, because this dip needs alllll the cheeses.
You’ll mix up that concoction and put it into a lined small pan or mini skillet. Set aside while you make your topping.
For the topping, you’ll need:
- Panko bread crumbs, which give an awesome crunch.
- Smart Balance, which is a WW friendly butter replacement (vegetable oil spread), melted.
- Dried parsley, salt, pepper to season.
- Parmesan cheese, because the more cheese the merrier.
Spread topping over your cheese mixture to create an even layer. Spray the top with a bit of cooking spray, pop it all in the oven, and bake at 350 for ~12 minutes. Then, broil on 400 F for 3-5 minutes to crisp up and brown the topping.
Remove from oven and serve warm. Store leftovers in the fridge and reheat in the oven or microwave. Enjoy!
Jalapeno Cheddar Dip
- Mixing Bowl
- Mini Skillet
- 3 tbsp pickled jalapeño finely diced (2 if spice averse)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt nonfat
- 3 tbsp cream cheese low fat
- 2 laughing cow garlic cheese wedges
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 cup fat free cheddar cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp Panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp smart balance melted
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp Parmesan cheese grated or shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Chop jalapeno. Combine yogurt, cheese wedges, cream cheese, parmesan, cheddar, garlic powder, salt, pepper. Stir well until uniform. Fold in jalapeno. Put picture into a sprayed mini skillet or small pan (roughly 6 inch).
- Spread topping over your cheese mixture to create an even layer. Spray the top with a bit of cooking spray, pop it all in the oven, and bake at 350 for ~12 minutes. Then, broil on 400 F for 3-5 minutes to crisp up and brown the topping.
- Serve warm with veggies, crisps, or chips. Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave or oven.