Got some bananas about to go bad? Before you make yet another banana bread, try these brownies, which are gluten free, made with a few pantry staples, and a tasty, lighter alternative to boxed brownies!
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup creamy pb + 2 tbsp for topping
- Tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup oat flour
- (Optional) 1/4-1/2 cup choc chips
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Mash bananas well and whisk together with eggs, maple, vanilla, and peanut butter until your mixture is smooth.
- Add baking powder, salt, and oat flour and mix until fully combined and no lumps remain. Add chocolate chips if desired (or you can add nuts, etc).
- Pour brownie mixture into a parchment-lined 8×8 pan.
- Microwave 2 tbsp of peanut butter for 10 seconds so it’s a bit runny. Dollop on top of brownie mixture and use a knife to swirl.
- Bake for 40-50 min for a cakey texture, less if you like them fudgy, but a toothpick some come out relatively clean
- Cool for at least 20 min before slicing and enjoy! I love to top these with a little bit of flaky sea salt for some sweet and salty action – highly recommend!