Looking to shake up your regular muffin? Try these Lemon Cherry Muffins, with a lemon glaze!
They’re full of bright, tart flavors, plus the glaze on them makes them taste like an iced pound cake from @starbucks – just made with a few lighter ingredients!
* 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour * 1/3 cup sugar (2/3 if you want sweeter)
* 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/8 teaspoon salt
* 2 eggs
* 2 tablespoons milk or creamer
* 6 tbsp canola oil
* zest of one lemon
* 4 tablespoons lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 3/4 cups Greek yogurt
* 1 cup frozen or fresh cherries (can be chopped, should be pitted)
* Optional: lemon glaze (1 cup powdered sugar + 1 tbsp lemon juice + 1 tbsp milk)
1. Preheat oven to 395
2. Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and powder, salt in one bowl
3. Combine beaten egg, milk, oil, lemon juice, vanilla, and yogurt
4. Stir wet and dry ingredients together until batter is uniform
5. Fold in cherries
6. Fill muffin cups 2/3 of the way and bake for 25-30 minutes until tops are golden
7. Let cool and top with lemon glaze, enjoy!