These apple muffins taste like your favorite bakery muffin, full of soft, sweet apples and topped with a crunchy cinnamon crumb topping. Made with ingredients you likely already have in your pantry, these are a cinch to make, so they’re the perfect make-ahead breakfast or treat throughout the week!
Ingredients (for 12 muffins):
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cup sugar * 2 tsp baking powder
* Pinch of salt
* 1/3 cup canola oil
* 2 large eggs
* 2/3 c Greek yogurt * 1 tsp vanilla extract
* 1/2 tsp cinnamon * 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and diced
* 1/4 c all-purpose flour
* 1/4 c granulated sugar
* 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
* 3 tbsp unsalted butter cut into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 385
2. Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon
3. In a separate bowl, combine oil, egg, yogurt, vanilla and stir
4. Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients and combine until batter is uniform. Fold in apples and combine until all the apple chunks are covered in batter.
5. Scoop ~ heaping tbsp of batter into prepared baking cups (can use muffin wrappers or grease a muffin tin)
6. Combine crumb topping Ingredients and crumble with your hands until you have crumbs of varying sizes
7. Top each (raw) muffin with tsp of crumb topping (top should be covered)
8. Bake for 18-22 min or until toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!