I’m about to blow your mind – take that pudding mix that’s been sitting in your pantry for way too long and turn it into COOKIES. Yep – pudding mix makes for some insanely good cookies. They come out super soft, with the perfect chewy texture. The best part? You can make them pretty much any flavor you want, just by changing the pudding mix you use.
I love pistachio, as does my dad, and these were made as a bribe for him helping me paint the new house. While the house we bought is pretty turn-key, the paint colors in there were tragic. Bright green, dark brown, bright purple – not really our vibe. So we’ve been hard at work repainting the entire place and enlisting the help of anyone willing to pick up a paint brush. So, naturally, I’m baking lottts of bribe treats these days.
Making the cookies
These are one of my new favorite recipes because they are QUICK. Just combine a few ingredients in a bowl, whizz it all together, bake, and enjoy! These no need to chill the dough beforehand, so the prep work is a breeze.
The components of these cookies are:
- pudding mix
- baking soda
To get these perfectly round cookies, roll your batter into roughly 1 tbsp balls. It’s a pretty sturdy batter, so you should easily be able to roll it in your hands (or use a cookie scoop). Space balls 1.5-2 inches apart so they have room to spread, and bake! Let them cool completely before enjoying, and store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
Other cookie flavor options
If pistachio isn’t your style, swap for vanilla pudding for a delicious, soft vanilla cookie. Chocolate pudding mix would make for a rich delight, and cookies and cream pudding would make for a killer cookie as well. Sky is really the limit!
You can also change up the flavor with some fun mix-ins. Pistachio pudding mix has pistachio chunks in it, so these have little bits of pistachio throughout. I also opted to add dark chocolate chunks to half the batch, since I love the pairing of dark chocolate with pistachio. I mixed some chunks into the batter, and studded the tops as well so there would be chocolate in every bite.
Looking for some other cookie inspo?
Check out some of my other cookie recipes that you’ll be baking on repeat:
- Gluten Free Peanut Butter S’mores Cookies
- Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Lemon White Chocolate Cake Cookies
- Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
- Salted Brownie Cookies
Now let’s make some cookies!
Yield: 24 cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 3.5oz package pistachio pudding mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Dark chocolate chunks (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat to combine thoroughly
- Add flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt and beat the entire mixture until a uniform dough forms
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls (1 tablespoon of dough) and place on a prepared cookie sheet (I prefer silicone baking sheets because they’re reusable and super durable) about 2 inches apart
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the bottoms are just slightly golden brown
- Let cool completely on cooling rack and ENJOY! Store in airtight container at room temp for up to 4 days.
Let me know if you make this recipe by leaving a comment and/or tagging me on Instagram at @foodbythegram!
Note: There may be affiliate links throughout this post. When you shop through these links, I get a small percentage of the sale, at no extra cost to you! I only recommend products I love, and I’m sure you’ll love them too. Thanks for the support!