Move over corn, there’s a new veggie just begging to be Elote’d. If you’re unfamiliar with Elote, its a delicious dish of cooked sweet corn slathered in a spicy mixture of mayonnaise, crema, chili powder and sprinkled with cheese. However, ever since Trader Joe’s launched their Everything but the Elote seasoning, I’ve been on a mission to Elote everything.
This recipe is super quick and simple, diet friendly, and makes a killer side dish or snack!
Looking for some other savory dishes?
*Commission links below. If you shop through these links, I get a small percentage of the sale, at no extra cost to you!
Let’s Make Elote Zucchini Chips!
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thin chips
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp Everything but the Elote Seasoning*
- 1 tbsp Cotija cheese
*If you can’t get your hands on the seasoning, you can make a variation of it using the below recipe and just add a tablespoon to this dish
- 2 tsp paprika (smoked or regular)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Chipotle pepper powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp grated parmesan
- Cut zucchini into thin chip and put in a mixing bowl
- Add oil to zucchini, toss to coat slices in oil
- Add Everything but the Elote seasoning, toss until zucchini are evenly coated in seasoning
- Lay on an air fryer sheet so that no zucchini pieces are overlapping (may need multiple trays if you have an oven-type air fryer)
- Air fry at 390F for 12-14 minutes, until zucchini are crisp to your liking (these are delicious as soft or crunchy zucchini chips, so it’s totally a matter of preference)
- Sprinkle with Cotija cheese and enjoy!