Light Lemon Blueberry Cupcakes
These light lemon blueberry cupcakes pack big fruity flavor into a small package. Topped with a sweet and tangy cream cheese frosting, they're sure to be a hit with anyone! This recipe makes 60 mini cupcakes at 3 WW SP each or 24 large ones at 8 points each (see notes).
- 15.25 oz lemon cake mix boxed
- 1 tsp Lemon extract
- 1 cup Greek yogurt nonfat
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Blueberries fresh or frozen
Cream cheese frosting
- 3 tbsp Smart Balance or butter, softened
- 2.5 cups Powdered sugar
- Tsp Vanilla
- 8 oz Low fat cream cheese
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine cake mix with greek yogurt, water, and lemon extract. Whisk together until smooth. Gently fold in blueberries.
Spray mini muffin pan or line with cupcake liners and divide batter evenly among 60 cupcakes (roughly a heaping tablespoon in each).
Bake for 13-15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine cream cheese and Smart Balance and beat on medium speed until well combined and fluffy. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until frosting thickens. Add vanilla and beat on medium speed to combine, until frosting is fluffy.
Frost each mini cupcake with 1 tsp of frosting. Enjoy!
Store cupcakes in the fridge, serve at room temperature.
Weight Watchers Points Values:
- If you're making these minis, it makes 60 mini cupcakes
- Bake at 350F for 13-15 minutes for mini
- If you're making regular size, it makes 24 cupcakes
- Bake at 350F for 20-23 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean
- Blue/Purple: 3 points each
- Green: 4 points each
- Blue/Purple: 8 points each
- Green: 9 points each
Calories: 62kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 78mgPotassium: 20mgFiber: 1gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 47IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 25mgIron: 1mg
Add your thoughts below in the comments or post on social media and tag @foodbythegram!