Healthy Everything Bagel Dogs
Pigs in a blanket get a sneaky healthy twist in this recipe, which is WW friendly! When using fat free turkey hot dogs, each of these tasty bagel dogs is just 3 SP. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce for a guaranteed delicious time.
- 1 pack of 6 hot dogs can use any, but turkey/chicken will generally be leaner and are my personal preference
- 1 cup Nonfat Greek Yogurt I prefer Fage
- 1 cup self rising flour King Arthur makes a great one, or sift together 1 cup of all purpose flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg beaten, for egg wash
- Everything bagel seasoning
Preheat oven to 385F
Combine greek yogurt and self rising flour in a bowl and mix until you have a uniform dough. A KitchenAid mixer with bread-hook is super helpful here, but it can be done by hand. Dough will be sticky.
Remove hot dogs from package, thoroughly pat dry with paper towels. This will help the dough stick!
Turn your dough onto a lightly floured surface, divide into 6 even pieces
Flour your surface/hands so that you can shape the dough. Roll it into a long string, about 1/2 inch thick and about a foot long
Wrap the dough around each individual hot dog, and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet (or use a baking mat)
Brush all of the wrapped dogs (bagel part only) with egg wash, and sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning
Bake for 25-30 minutes, until tops are golden brown
Let cool and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!
Calories: 227kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 11gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 330mgPotassium: 131mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 40IUCalcium: 18mgIron: 1mg
Add your thoughts below in the comments or post on social media and tag @foodbythegram!