Air Fryer Chicken Dumplings
These dumplings are crispy and packed with flavor, made lighter using an air fryer!
- 1 12 oz pack of dumpling wrappers I used Nasoya wonton wrappers, they're 1 SP for 3 wrappers. The folded dumplings use a circular wrapper, so if you can only find square ones, just cut them into circles with a lid of some sort or a knife!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms diced
- 4 garlic cloves pressed
- 4 green onions chopped finely
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Oil spray for air frying or oil for pan frying
- Dipping sauce of choice ponzu, black vinegar, or store bought are all delicious!
Combine chicken, diced mushroom, garlic, green onion, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, and red pepper flakes in mixing bowl
Lay out wonton wrappers, and place up to 1 tsp of filling in the middle (see image). You don't want to over-stuff these!
Wet your finger, and wet one half of the dumpling wrapper rim
Fold dumpling wrapper over so it is a half-moon shape
Starting at one edge, pinch and fold to create little creases along the dumpling's edge
Spray all sides of the dumplings with oil spray before putting them on air fryer tray
Air fry at 374 for 11 minutes (flip them halfway for even browning)*
*If you don't have an air fryer, you can cook these in a pan. Heat oil to medium high in a large skillet and add a few dumplings (don't overcrowd). Once the bottoms of the dumplings start to brown, add a splash of water and cover the entire pan with a lid, allowing steam to build. Steam dumplings for ~5 minutes, until insides are cooked through and the water has evaporated.
To Freeze Dumplings: Place dumplings on a parchment-lined baking sheet or plate (raw), ensuring that none of them are touching each other Freeze on baking sheet for 6 hours + Once fully frozen, put into a freezer bag and store for up to 3 months! When you go to cook them, just account for a few minutes of extra cooking time.
Calories: 182kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 12gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 442mgPotassium: 327mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 68IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 26mgIron: 2mg
Add your thoughts below in the comments or post on social media and tag @foodbythegram!