As soon as warm weather hits, I am game for all things citrus. One of my favorite being Key Lime Pie – yum! A while back, I perfected my Key Lime Pie recipe (find it here), and this time, I decided to kick things up a notch. I made my own graham cracker base, which is the perfect complement to these tart and tangy bars. Don’t worry, no mouth-puckering sour here, these bars are a sweet treat!
Key Lime Pie Bars
- Mixing Bowls
- 8×8 Pan
- 9 graham cracker sheets
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 limes zest
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup key lime juice 1/2 cup for milder flavor
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Whipped cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 325
- Crush graham cracker sheets
- Combine graham cracker crumbs with brown sugar, salt, melted butter, and combine until fully moistened.
- Press into parchment lined 8×8 baking pan until you have an even bottom crust and bake for 10 min
- Meanwhile, Beat egg yolks with lime zest, then stir in condensed milk, then add sour cream and lime juice. Stir until mixture is uniform
- Once it’s out of the oven, pour onto graham cracker crust evenly and put on baking sheet
- Bake for 15-17 min, it should still jiggle a bit when it comes out. Allow it to cool for 30 min.
- Put in the fridge for ~3 hours (or more) and then top with whipped cream and sliced limes- enjoy!