S’mores are pretty great as is – the combo of gooey marshmallow, rich chocolate, and crunchy graham cracker gives me some serious summer nights nostalgia. It’s one of my favorite combinations ever, so I love to make s’mores-centric desserts.
When the nice folks at The Cookie Dough Cafe sent me some of their cookie doughs to try, I was enamored with the rich, chocolatey brownie dough. I don’t know about you, but I have never in my life NOT licked the spoon while making brownies, so this was the perfect little jar of enablement. These treats came together super quickly, and they’re as delicious as they are simple.
*Commission links below. If you shop through these links, I get a small percentage of the sale, at no extra cost to you!
This makes one 9×5 loaf pan, which can be cut into bars
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 7 oz marshmallows
- 4-6 cups Cocoa Krispies cereal
- Brownie dough*
- Mini marshmallows and chocolate chips for topping
*To make your own super easy edible brownie batter, combine 1 box of brownie mix with 5 tbsp heavy cream and 7 tbsp unsalted butter at room temp. Microwave brownie mix for 2 min and allow to cool to heat treat it prior to mixing. Then melt butter and combine with cream, then pour in mix. If mixture is too thick, add additional cream or milk as needed.
- Line 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper
- Melt butter in saucepan over low heat
- Stir in marshmallows and stir over low heat until marshmallows completely melt and the mixture is uniform
- Stir in cereal, combine to coat. Add more cereal as needed, until mixture is uniform.
- Spoon into your lined pan, pressing down with oiled hands to make sure you have a solid base. If there’s extra, just put it in another parchment lined dish and enjoy a rice krispie treat later!
- Put in the fridge to cool for 2 hours
- Once cooled, spoon brownie batter on top, and top with marshmallows and chocolate chips!
You can totally mix this concept up and use other cookie dough flavors, replace cocoa krispies with fruity pebbles, etc!