This INSANELY tasty bar is essentially a product of me not being able to decide what I wanted for dessert. I love the combo of sweet and salty, but I also love a nice, cakey dessert – so these Gluten Free Chocolate Pretzel Fudge Bars were born.
The bottom layer is a cashew butter blondie, which is gluten free and made with a few pantry staples. Cashew butter continues to steal the show for the chocolate cashew fudge layer, with crushed pretzel pieces throughout the fudge and on top. Add a dash of flaked sea salt for a final topping and you’ve got yourself one out-of-this-world, sweet yet salty yet cakey dessert.
This recipe yields one 8×8 pan. Cut everything in half and make it in a 9×5 loaf ban if you’re looking to go small-batch!
*Commission links below. If you shop through these links, I get a small percentage of the sale, at no extra cost to you!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips of choice
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 8 tbsp cashew butter
- 1/2 cup crushed pretzels, plus extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 and line pan with parchment paper
- Combine all ingredients for the cashew butter blondie base, pour into lined pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean)
- Let blondies cool while you make the fudge layer
- Combine chocolate and coconut oil and melt in the microwave (do 30 second increments, stirring in between each) until smooth
- Stir cashew butter into melted chocolate mixture and fold in crushed pretzels
- Pour fudge mixture over blondies, and top with additional pretzels and sea salt if desired
- Put bars in the fridge for 3+ hours, until the top fudge layer has cooled completely
- Cut into squares and enjoy!