Growing up (and still to this day), peanut butter and jelly is one of my all time favorite combinations. So, I dreamt up these bars which combine all of my favorite things, but in a much healthier way!
These bars are vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and can be made paleo – and, most importantly, they taste AMAZING! A soft shortbread base is topped with sweet raspberry jam and a peanut butter cookie crumble – you’re gonna wanna make these like yesterday.
Ingredients (makes 8 bars, baked in 9×5 loaf pan. Double for square 8×8 pan):
* 1 1/2 cup Almond – fine, blanched
* 2 tsp coconut flour
* 3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
* 2 tbsp maple syrup
Raspberry Jam Layer:
* 1 6 oz packages raspberries cleaned drained and patted down w towel
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1.5 tbsp lemon juice
Peanut butter cookie topping:
* 1/4 cup pb
* 1 tbsp and 1 tsp maple syrup
* 3 tbsp almond flour
* 1/2 tsp baking powder
1. Make your jam. Combine raspberry (or fruit of choice) layer ingredients, cook on medium high heat until it boils. Mash raspberries with potato masher or fork, then reduce to simmer and simmer for 20 min, until mixture has thickened and reduced. Put in fridge to cool.
2. Preheat oven to 350f.
3. Make shortbread layer. Sift your almond flour and coconut flour together. Melt coconut oil and combine all Ingredients until mixture is uniform. Press into bottom of a parchment-lined loaf pan and bake at 350 for 12 min.
4. Make peanut butter layer. Combine peanut butter, almond flour, baking powder, maple and stir until fully combined. Mixture should be relatively dry.
5. Remove shortbread layer from oven, spread even layer of raspberry jam on top.
6. Crumble peanut butter cookie layer over raspberry layer, bake for an additional 12-14 min
7. Let cool completely before cutting and enjoy!