This recipe is originally from Erin Lives Whole. Her recipe calls for almond flour and coconut flour, making these gluten free! However; I’ve tweaked it a bit to be more to my taste (not a big coconut gal), so my version uses all purpose flour and is not gluten free.
Ingredients (for a half batch – these get soft quick so I made a half batch that I did in a loaf pan and it made for 8 lemon bars, perfect for 2 people! If you want a full batch, double everything).
* 3/4 cup almond flour
* 1/8 cup AP flour
* 2 tbsp + 2 tsp cup canola oil
* 2-3 tbsp Maple syrup
* Tsp vanilla
* Pinch of salt
* 1/2 cup lemon juice (~2 large lemons)
* 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
* 2 eggs
* 1/2-1 tbsp All Purpose flour
* 1/3 cup maple syrup
* Splash of vanilla
*Powdered sugar to dust the top
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Combine base ingredients and press well into the base of a prepared pan, bake for 15 minutes
3. Reduce heat to 325
4. Combine lemon juice, maple, vanilla, eggs, and then sift in 1 tbsp of flour, combine well until there are no chunks
5. Pour filling on top of crust and put back in the oven, bake for 20-22 min. It’s okay if it jiggles a bit, it’ll firm up in the fridge.
6. Let cool for 30 min then toss in the fridge for 3+ hours. Enjoy!